- 2 eggs
- 1 (250ml) cup cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (250ml) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups (750ml) cooked pumpkin or butternut, finely mashed (I prefer buying packets of pre-chopped pumpkin cubes)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Grease an ovenproof dish.
- Using electric mixer, mix eggs and cream.
- Add the sugar and the salt. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add flour and baking powder, and mix using electric whisk or any hand whisk.
- You have two options when it comes to cooking the pumpkin. Either boil the pumpkin until cooked, drain, and mash. But, if like me, you don’t like creating mountains of dishes to do, do the following: Most microwaves have a setting for preparing vegetables. Pierce the packets of pumpkin cubes twice and microwave until cooked. Carefully remove from the microwave, and mash them in the packets. Thereafter open the packets and leave to cool slightly.
- Add the mashed pumpkin to the rest of the batter and mix until combined.
- Pour into greased ovenproof dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let it stand for at least 15 minutes before serving. This dish can be served warm or cold. (I even love having it ice cold for breakfast the next day…IF there are any leftovers!)