Sandbaai Main Road - Progress Report 20 September 2016
Good news is that the routing of gravity services and the existing HV cables along Sandbaai Main have been sorted out. The storm water will be completed by the end of the week and the relocation of the existing Telkom kiosk at the intersection of Sandbaai Main and Bergsig has started and should be completed by 7 October.
Leon Louw, the developer’s representative, reports as follows:
- The water main along Sandbaai Main is 60% complete, but is not on the critical path. The water line needs to cross both the Agrimark and Engen access points. This will be planned to minimise any inconvenience to businesses and customers.
- The tie-in points at Agrimark were found to create some low-points and additional roadworks at the Engen entrance will be done to prevent water from ponding at this intersection. Sub-base is 75% complete and base course will commence within the next day or two.
- Kerbs have commenced and will be completed ahead of programme.
- Sidewalks have commenced.
- Asphalting is planned to commence on 3 October, which is a week ahead of programme (weather permitting).
- We have started with installation of services in Bergsig Street to eventually speed up road construction.
“Despite a number of challenges, we are remaining on programme (even slightly ahead) and should still complete Sandbaai Main Road by 16 November 2016.
“We would like to extend our thanks to the extended public for their patience,” Louw added.
Members of the public who have enquiries can contact the developer’s representative, Leon Louw on 083 324 5928 or the Municipality’s Project Manager, Dennis Hendriks on 082 416 8676.