MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To prepare bar area, serve customers in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to act as part of a TEAM. To have full knowledge of all beverage menus and products, Cocktails knowledge, Good communication skills, knowledge of cigars, to serve GUEST to the hotels SOP and 5 star standards, to ensure GUEST satisfaction, to set up all bars in accordance with Hotel SOP and 5 star standards, to maintain high levels of service as per Hotel SOP, to assist in any Food and Beverage outlet should it deemed necessary, to ensure all bars are set-up according to SOP.
- Well presented with a professional appearance and manner of speaking.
- Own, reliable transport, Ability to work shifts, Ability to work irregular hours when and as and when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean designated areas, in accordance with OHS-Act requirements as stated in SOP’s,
- Ensure stations are adequately stocked established needs.
- Ensure beverage order is placed on the MATERIALS CONTROLS system at the end of each shift.
- Take GUEST orders and ensure these are appropriately executed, Serve food and beverages in accordance with SOP’s, but above all in a professional manner.
- Be familiar with the composition of all menu items.
- Ensure that GUESTS are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment in accordance with SOP’s
- Report any suspicious packages or parcels to management, Take part in fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarisation with all exits.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.