"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost." Thomas Jefferson
Whale Coast Media is your Community Media Organisation, which includes the Radio Station Whale Coast FM, the Newspaper the Whale Coast Monitor and this Website. The organisation is not owned by anyone (a Non-Profit Company), but is guided by a group of dedicated volunteers who serve on the Management Board. We have many contributors - people like yourself, who contribute news for our Website and Newspaper, Radio presenters who present interesting shows on diverse subjects and those who blog on our website.
Community-based media is vital for an open, transparent society that seeks to deepen the democratic process and give voice to the community it serves. Because community-based media is funded by the people it serves, it is largely untainted by commercial interests and is open and available to the average person to contribute - not just the pros. There are a number of ways that you can become a stakeholder in your own community media house.
- "Like" our facebook page and join our facebook group
- Register as a member on this Website (top right of this page)
- Apply for membership of the Company (pdf document here)
- Contact us with the details of any newsworthy stories (click here to mail us)
- Write an article for publishing
- Submit any interesting photos you may have taken
- Let us know about events happening in your area
- Link this site to your Website
- Make a financial contribution to the running of the organisation. By clicking on the button below, you will be taken to GivenGain.com where you can make your financial contribution
Yours in community media, John Mathew.